Mar 20, 2009

I Love Havana!

Havana streets were my favourite part of Cuba. I ventured off from my tour group to get down to the nitty gritty (literally) and walked into the old streets of Havana. Not very touristy, but there was nothing to be afraid of. ‘Poverty’ as all my fellow-tourists kept frowning at, did not really look so bad to me. People were housed in old and crumbling, but beautifully designed buildings. They kept their windows and doors open and neighbours and friends were always close to interact with. There was a great sense of family (and pregnant ladies) everywhere. Lovers held hands and walked to a Cuban celebration, and along the way asked my husband and I to join them. Cubans are the most friendly people I have ever met, and absolutely loved Canadians. They all dressed nicely and wore smiles on their faces. Though the streets were a bit dirty, in my opinion, everything was well kept. People swept their front steps, and had good hygiene! Better than north Americans. So what if they didn’t have mercedez, namebrand clothing, and the “luxuries” that we do. Who’s to say they live lesser than us? I felt more love, contentment and happiness in Cuban air than we have in our perfect, automatic, and luxurious robot world.

















































No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comments here!